SMB Share not prompting for credentials and not allowing Write Access

morthemex

Cadet
Hey All, I'm a somewhat new user, but I'm having a problem with my truenas/plex combo. Essentially, I set up a smb share that I used to transfer all the files currently on the server, but today I came in to transfer another file as there was an error playing one of them, and it keeps giving me errors either saying I need elevation, or that do not have permission to transfer files over the network. I cleared my credentials manager and I still am able to access the drive for some reason, so I think this is related, however I also logged in from another machine that did prompt for credentials, and I could not write from that machine either. I have not changed my permissions before this, and after working on it all day I've put them back to what they used to be. I'll provide some screenshots of permissions below, let me know if I need to provide more or if you have any recommendations. Thanks!

1653956888816.png
1653956922960.png
1653956960441.png
1653957008124.png

morthemex

Cadet
Wanted to reply with some more stuff I've tried. I changed the datasets owner to nobody, which produced the error of "You need permission from 'x' group" It typically gave the group number, but it was my truenas_users group which was the owner of the group at the time. I also changed the group owner to plex, as that matched the new user I was attempting to use, and I added an ACL Rule to allow the 'plex' user to have full control on top of already being in the owner user group. Occasionally I will get an error that says "you do not have permission to copy files over this network". I believe part of the problem is that it keeps asking for administrative elevation, but I read somewhere that the admin cached creds are not the same as the creds I logged in with which can cause problems, but I am not knowledgeable enough currently to understand how to remedy that. If that is not the problem as well, I am not sure what else could be.

morthemex

Cadet
Another Update:
It seems I can overwrite items, but not write/copy new items over.