SMB Share Broke, now there's something really weird going on.

AstroZombie

Explorer
Quick Progress of issue
  • Upgraded to TN12 from 11.3U5 last week
  • SMB Shares broke today I discovered this is due to the root use change for SMB (Why it took a week I don't know it had been fine)
  • Assigned another user I made to SMB permission for Read,Write Execute)
  • Re-Made SMB shares with said user.
  • Two completely separate pools (physically separate drives) a 1TB Download pool and another much larger Pool with everything else (Jails etc) many TV in size.
With that out the same I can view these SMB share on Windows and rename folders in them.

Now here's where it's getting weird I cannot delete from either pool from windows.

There is also files (whole sections of my plex library) now appearing on my downloads pool something is very funky somewhere and is cutting sections from one pool to the other.

I'm debating rolling back to 11.3U5 as this is very strange behaviour that I can't make sense of.

I've attached pictures of everything described in what I believe are all the relevant sections.

Attachments

• Plex 1.PNG
    Plex 1.PNG
    65.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Plex 2.PNG
    Plex 2.PNG
    57 KB · Views: 164
  • FreeNas.PNG
    FreeNas.PNG
    364.2 KB · Views: 153
  • FreeNas 2.PNG
    FreeNas 2.PNG
    44 KB · Views: 162
  • FreeNas 3.PNG
    FreeNas 3.PNG
    38.1 KB · Views: 166

Finalizer50

Cadet
I may have had a non related incident but its taken me 3 feckin days to sort it out ... so here goes...

I have been trying to get my Raspberry PI4 with Plex to see my new TrueNAS server (which appears operational and doing as requested).

I have been going through all the forums to get advice on how I need to get the syntax correct for it to mount at startup on my Pi/Plex server.

now most of what I have read is stating the following as a guide to get it to work:-

//192.168.0.10/USB_Storage /mnt/sharedfolder/ cifs vers=1.0,user=<username>,password=<password>,x-systemd.automount 0 0

tried this with no joy and it kept saying no such directory when trying to mount it manually...

after trying all versions of spelling and Syntax ... No Joy and I now have a big lump on my head through hitting it on the wall ...!!

So ... Knowing I could mount it with no problems on both my MAC and PC, I decided to interrogate my MAC to see how it got in.

It did not bother with IP address at all ... instead it was using the TrueNAS SMB services NetBIOS Name ... in my case "truenas".....

so I swapped the //192.168.0.10/ part of the fstab statement for //truenas/ and voila it works ..... WTF ...!!

I am not a tech guru and this has taken some time and effort to find out ...!! I know there are other out there banging their heads against the wall as I did but, Is there a definitive way to show this so us thick-ows can get a grasp of what `i've just found out ..!!

I hope this will help a n other person as I will feel that the last 3 days was worth it ...!!

Best Regards,

Alex