SOLVED SMB not working after update

vambier

Cadet
I updated from 12.0-U8.1 to 13.0-U5.1 and everything is working as normal except for SMB, I can no longer access any smb shares.
I used to logon to SMB with root, I know it's not the best way but my server is not accessable from the outside so it's a calculted risk for now.
But it has been working up until the update to 13.0-U5.1. Now I did read that some people had the same problem with 13.0-U1 and back then there was no fix available so they just reverted back to 13.0. But that was an old thread and I would have thought that that bug would have been squashed by now.
I already tried adding another user and changed the ACL's accordingly but no luck there. I read that from 12.0 root access over smb would have been disabled but it has always worked for me up until 12.0-U8.1.

Does anyone know what causes this?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Root access is disabled in 13 and that is not going to change. Create a user to access your shares.

vambier

Cadet
Root access is disabled in 13 and that is not going to change. Create a user to access your shares.
Well, like I said, I did try to add a user, give him rights to the pool, and give him rights on the share, but I still can't access the share.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
What do the dataset ACLs look like?

vambier

Cadet
What do the dataset ACLs look like?
Sorry, it is working now!! Turns out that Windows cached my original root login I think. I tried to login with my phone with the new account and it worked, so then I restarted my windows pc and then it worked there too. Thanks for the replies!!