SMB Macbook Pro

falcon86

Cadet
Installed TrueNAS 12, works great, windows has full access and control of it. However, my mac will only be able to view not edit using the same credential. I use "command + k" to connect to NAS. Also noticed some files (not all) have locks icon next to them. I've searched and found no solutions to this. Am I missing something? Does mac requires additional setup? I know that AFP is not required because Windows SMB works for both platforms.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Installed TrueNAS 12, works great, windows has full access and control of it. However, my mac will only be able to view not edit using the same credential. I use "command + k" to connect to NAS. Also noticed some files (not all) have locks icon next to them. I've searched and found no solutions to this. Am I missing something? Does mac requires additional setup? I know that AFP is not required because Windows SMB works for both platforms.
MacOS will interpret files with the DOS readonly bit set as being "locked". When files are synced from windows, they may for various reasons have this bit set. You should be able to unlock without issue (assuming that permissions are set correctly).

falcon86

Cadet
MacOS will interpret files with the DOS readonly bit set as being "locked". When files are synced from windows, they may for various reasons have this bit set. You should be able to unlock without issue (assuming that permissions are set correctly).
It’s similar to external HDD situation when it not formatted as exFAT it can’t be edited in MacOS for example. Not sure how to proceed. All permissions are set correctly. Tried another windows pc works but just not with the MBP.