SMB/FTP scan to Freenas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichTJ99

Patron
Hi,

I have a Konica Minolta 1690MF printer. It uses smb (as an option) for scanning. I have it setup on my windows desktop & figured it might be better on the Freenas box.

It requires a username / password so i am using the one I use for me (richtj99). The SMB scan failed. I figured I had FTP as a backup & went to Freenas services to set it up. I set the path, added local users (so RichTJ99 would work).

I fired up Filezilla & didnt end up in the scans directory as expected. I am floating around the box but not in the right directory.

Any suggestions to get this working?

Thanks,
Rich

Attachments

• FTP.JPG
    FTP.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 528
  • FTP2.JPG
    FTP2.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 518

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
My experience is that printers have some of the buggiest / non-standard CIFS clients around. They do just plain weird stuff. I'd start with trying to get it working with the following setup:
1) Select guest user for CIFS (makes sure you do NOT check the box 'disable password login' under Account -> Users)
2) Make dataset for scans that owned by guest user
3) check the boxes "allow guest access" and "only allow guest access"

Once you get it working, try tightening up permissions and seeing where it fails. When in doubt, increase logging verbosity and grab a cup of coffee.

RichTJ99

Patron
I will give that a try. I am also OK with FTP but again wasnt sure why that failed either.

RichTJ99

Patron
And due to an error on my part, its working - MUST GET PATH CORRECT!!! Duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.