SMART Service not working with E-Mail

• Thread starter Deleted member 85691
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 85691

Hello,

so I set my FreeNAS System up with an email adress so that it could notify me if theres a drive problem.
I have successfully recieved emails, but none were from the smart service, just the test emails, scrub status and freenas daily security run outputs.
Now i set the temperature at which the smart service starts sending emails to 1°C. So i should be getting emails every thirty minutes.
Since thats not happening, i was wondering if any of you have any ideas how to fix it.

Redcoat

MVP
That's the "CRITICAL" temperature that you set, yes?
If "yes", that works for me, I'm not sure what might be wrong for you.

D

Deleted member 85691

That's the "CRITICAL" temperature that you set, yes?
If "yes", that works for me, I'm not sure what might be wrong for you.
Yup i set the Critical temperature limit to 1°C to see what temps the drives are at.
I dont get an email though.

Inxsible

Guru
It's a known bug. I used to receive emails, then they stopped 3 months ago, and in the last few days, I have gotten a couple of SMARTD temperature emails.

See: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/smart-temperature-notification-emails.38586/

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/smart-not-sending-email.44423/

I ended up using this solution : https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/smart-not-sending-email.44423/#post-321929

Using @Bidule0hm's scripts helps in keeping track of the hardware in your freenas box.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Did you configure the outbound email server address?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 85691

Did you configure the outbound email server address?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Yes i did. I am receiving emails from my freenas. I am just not receiving any from the SMART Service. This one is in my opinion the most important one.

D

Deleted member 85691

Yes i did. I am receiving emails from my freenas. I am just not receiving any from the SMART Service. This one is in my opinion the most important one.

It's a known bug. I used to receive emails, then they stopped 3 months ago, and in the last few days, I have gotten a couple of SMARTD temperature emails.

Okay, I accidentally resolved the problem. I was going over the Long and Short SMART Tests that i set up and apparrently they were conflicting somehow. I changed the Long SMART Test from every 7 Days to every 5 Days and now the moment I saved the configuration the FreeNAS Alert Service went to critical and showed me my drive temperatures( I had the critical temp set to 1°C for testing purposes) The email works too. The SMART Service wasnt sending anything because of this confilct, i think.

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser
Okay, I accidentally resolved the problem. I was going over the Long and Short SMART Tests that i set up and apparrently they were conflicting somehow.

Pleas describe your previous and current SMART test schedules as detailed as possible to get the most out of it for other users suffering from the same problem. Depending on the details even a bug report might be appropriate (schedules, FreeNAS version, ...).

Status
Not open for further replies.