slowNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfe

Explorer
Hi.

My old installation updated from 8.2 is now failing. ive updated it from 8.x.x to 9.1.1 and then when 9.2.1 came out i updated again. Now I having trouble with the web interface. It's slow, hanging and i cannot install Jails. So I tried to re-install FreeNAS to a new usb disk with only 9.2.1. not upgraded. I though that solved the problem when i installed the backup but the backup brings the same problems.

I have 3 ZFS Pools. how can i import them on a clean install without using the backup?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Yes, you can use Auto Import to bring in your pools. Warning ! Do not upgrade your pools right away to the new ZFS or you will not be able to roll back to 8.x.x. You will get a warning message but it's not something you must address to make the 9.2.x version work. Once you are completely happy with the newer version, then you might want to upgrade the pool but really it's not required.

EDIT: Upgrading your pools is a very deliberate action and you must run the upgrade form the command line so it's not something you can do by accident.

Halfe

Explorer
So i can install 9.2.x without any problems and still use my old Pools.?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.