SOLVED Slow to load WebGui

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there I am running 9.10-Stable and have had no issues for the last few weeks, however in the last few days, the webgui left panel takes nearly 4 minutes to load , as does sections such as installed plugins etc. I haven't changed any settings so I'm genuinely stubbed on what this might be!

FreeNAS-9.10.1-U2 (f045a8b)

Platform AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor

Memory 16303M
Boot device: 120gb Corsair Force SSD
Data drives: 2x 3TB WD black drives.

{HD}

Dabbler
I had this happen to me when I messed with the "Network - Interfaces" settings. My MTUs were mismatched and I had to reset 'em0' at the box.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
What motherboard? It probably has realtek nic which sucks under FreeBSD.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
What is the output of ifconfig? I'm really curious what driver it's using for networking. I'm surprised that things even booted. Word of warning your system is not a good choice for freenas.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

pastebin / D5fvGRVT theres the ifconfig, out of interest why you surprised it booted, and yeah I know things aren't ideal, the whole idea for this project was to try and use surplus equipment before spending a lot

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
ahh it's a Atheros nic. The reason I'm surprised it boots because the nic is not very well supported, it has random audio hardware and just very cheap.

You should provided the output of /var/log/messages so we can see what errors you are having. I bet it's just going to come down to unreliable hardware.

So. what you said got me thinking and i checked the var/log/messages before sending and right when it was slow there was tonnes of JSON errors for one of my plugins. removed the plugin and voila! it works quick again, thanks so much for your help!

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
All of those errors are probably because you don't have your networking setup correctly. Make sure to configure a gateway and dns.

Stux

MVP
Look in the memory reporting graph to see if anything has been paged to swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.