Slow SMBD transfer speed on phone

kbrvfx

Dabbler
Hi!

I have an SMB share on my TrueNas 12.02. Speeds are fine except for this a huawei phone. My other phone goes upto 22 MB/s for it's transfer rate while the huawei utilizes only 4 MB/s speed. Does anyone have any idea of this? I have a gigabit network as well.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You have left us with little to go on...

You are able to get 200MBits of speed out of the "other phone"... sounds suspiciously like USB2 speeds.

From the Huawei phone you get much less, but somehow more than USB1 speed, perhaps a factor of internal connection to the wireless chip or storage card/chip from the system bus or a speed limitation of the storage card/chip itself. (assuming you're doing your tests scientifically, the same distance from the same Wifi Access point, etc).

Since you gave no hardware/model/OS information on either phone, there's not much more to say about it... if you're not seeking improvement on the 22MB/s there's nothing that would need doing on the TrueNAS side.

kbrvfx

Dabbler
You have left us with little to go on...

You are able to get 200MBits of speed out of the "other phone"... sounds suspiciously like USB2 speeds.

From the Huawei phone you get much less, but somehow more than USB1 speed, perhaps a factor of internal connection to the wireless chip or storage card/chip from the system bus or a speed limitation of the storage card/chip itself. (assuming you're doing your tests scientifically, the same distance from the same Wifi Access point, etc).

Since you gave no hardware/model/OS information on either phone, there's not much more to say about it... if you're not seeking improvement on the 22MB/s there's nothing that would need doing on the TrueNAS side.

This may be the explanation for the case as the huawei probably has an outdated os software (it's an old model like 2-3 years ago probably) as transfer through cable goes for 600 Mbits.

Edit:
Dug out the version of the huawei
Model: INE-LX2
Build: 9.1.0.332(C636E7R1P1)
EMUI Version: 9.1.0
Android Version 9

Last edited: