Slow Performance Replicating Pool to Second TrueNAS Tethered Over Ethernet

heatvent

Cadet
I setup a second TrueNAS box (T2) to act as a backup for my main TrunNAS server (T1). I connected T1 to T2 on a separate ethernet ports via cat5 cable and set static IP addresses on each machine. I am able to setup a SSH connection for a replication task and start a backup. My issue, however, is the speed. Both ethernet interfaces are gigabit and work at that speed when connected to a network. When I tether T1 and T2, TrueNAS reports them at 100mbps. Also, the performance is poor at about 11mbs. If I setup a separate SSH connection over my gigabit network, I get speeds of about 80mbps. Just wondering why performance over a direct ethernet connection is so poor and if I can get TrueNAS to recognize the interface cards at full speed. I did try a different ethernet cable with the same result. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you

sretalla