Since 11.2 upgrade Emby can't find music folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

avalon60

Guru
I have had the Emby plugins installed on Freenas for a couple of years now and has worked fine. Now , since the 11.2 upgrade of Freenas, I had to install the updated plugins for emby .

When I go to the web address for emby, I have to fill in all the details again, and add my music folder. The trouble is, emby can't find it.
I have mounted the music folder on my Ubuntu machine, and it shows up as mounted when I do :
DF -H:
192.168.0.22:/mnt/WinShare/Media/Music 6.3T 207G 6.1T 4% /mnt/WinShare/Media/Music

When I enter /mnt/WinShare/Media/Music in the path for the said folder, emby cannot find it.

Anyone know why this is not working. Could it be a permisions problem.

KrisBee

Wizard
In FN11.2 new ui , after creating a plugin you have to navigate to "jails" in order to select emby and add a mount point which links a pool dataset to mount point within the emby jail, e.g. source = "/mnt/WinShare/Media/Music" and destination = "/media/music"

As to permission, I'd start by sticking with what worked with your old plugin was that root:wheel?. If your original puling was "warden" based then (a) it should appear in the legacy UI when using FN11.2 and (b) there's a script to convert "warden" based jails to "iocage" based jails. Loads of info about this on the forum and was part of the release notice: https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/library/freenas-11-2-release/

avalon60

Guru
Thanks for the reply.
After reading what you wrote, it was quite painless to do. I had to stop emby plugin first before adding a mount point. The destination was the path of where the plugin is installed, so /mnt/Backup_Data/iocage/jails/emby/root/media/music. After restarting the emby plugin, it was then a doddle to add the music folder, and it works as it should by displaying all my music.

Status
Not open for further replies.