SIL3124 Hard Drive Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdx321

Cadet
I'm new to Freenas, I'm currently repurposing an old computer to work with FreeNAS-9.2.1.6, everything is working fine, except that any of the hard drives attached to a PCI SIL3124 card do not show up on freenas.

In the boot process it shows disk0 to disk7, that is the total number of hard drives connected including the hard drives attached to the PCI SIL3124 card, usb drive, and all the other hard drives connected directly to the mother board.

I can see the PCI card attached on the OS, but none of the hard drives connected to the SIL3124 are detected, but all the hard drives connected directly to the motherboard show up fine on freenas.

Can any of you guys help me out with this?

mjws00

Guru
You need to post full system specs as per the forum rules to get serious help. Click the big red link at the top for details.

Not sure you are going to get it to work, and unfortunately even if you do it will be a poor solution. FreeBSD needs to support the card and have drivers. Via google I only see problems with that card... I believe it is intended as a "soft raid" card. So part of its required functions are handled by the OS drivers.

I might be wrong, if so someone can pipe up. I'm going to guess you may have other hardware limitations as well. i.e min RAM, NIC, etc. but you haven't given enough information for an intelligent answer.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.