Signature Images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkaine

Explorer
How do I get images on my signature? or more or less get that enabled?

Darkaine

Explorer
Short Reason:
Why not? Most other forums have it.

Long Reason:
I'm an artist. (Hence my little code knowledge) Organization, having more interesting signature and just the "Because its cool" effect.

What I want on it.
http://cheaperpc.webs.com/sig.png

Its hosted elsewhere obviously, so why not allow BB code in sigs?

marcusmarcus

Explorer
Don't allow images in signatures, please. Gets forums to cluttery. I hate reading forums that have images insignatures. If you want to share an image, post it in 1 post, not every single post.

Darkaine

Explorer
What if it was something only for senior members? or maybe something above that? like members with 500+ posts? That would encourage people to get into the forum and increase activity. as well as keep it from being too cluttered.

marcusmarcus

Explorer
Only allowing people who make the most post will keep it from getting clutter y with images? Are they the ones that will get it clutter y the most if they have image signatures? Why can't you just put the image in 1 post if you want to share an image?

Darkaine

Explorer
I'd like to display my system specs side by side (As I have several NAS Systems). But the formatting makes it difficult, so the best way is an image. Also it wouldn't be cluttered if you limited the image's size, like no larger than 160x400. Just my thought.

marcusmarcus

Explorer
I thought you wanted signature pictures because you are an artist. If you want to display you'r specs side by side that is different, but I still don't think you need to post your specs in every post either (to help cut down on forum clutter). Just post your specs when it is relevant to the thread topic. I have my specs in my signature, but if it does not relate to the topic, I just uncheck the option to "show your signature". That way people don't have to scroll as much or read through as much. For example, people don't need to know my specs of my freenas when the topic is on forum signatures, so I don't post my signature, forum loads a little quicker, people have to scroll less, and my specs would not have helped add to the topic at all. Just my thought though.

Darkaine

Explorer
I see your point, yes I'm an artist but since this is a not-so-artistic forum, there's no reason for me to show my art, and the most I did was make a quick little avatar. But its also due to clutter I don't want to have my specs in a long list but rather side by side. It keeps it clean and efficient. As to the "Show your signature" checkbox, I never noticed it before.

Also the link from my second post shows the image I was trying to get on here. as you can see, its not artsy or anything since its just some text.

marcusmarcus

Explorer
If there is no reason to show your art than why did you say in your long reason earlier that "I'm an artist" and "having more interesting signature"? I agree that it may be easier for you to show specs of multiple systems side by side, but I think most users would use pictures in signatures less usefully and would cause more clutter. I still think pictures should not be enabled. If it is enabled hopefully people use it usefully. I a pictures is needed to help or provide more information, I still think people can add it in their post at the time instead of default in their signatures.

Darkaine

Explorer
Agreed and the only reason I brought up the art thing is to illustrate my lack of code. Therefore if there was any type of way to get it side by side with bb code I wouldn't know about it.

As for the "Proper Use" thing if we only allow 500+ post users to use the image sig feature it would encourage forum growth, as well as probably only appeal to people like me that want it for organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.