Sickrage won't start or quits right after start

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimon

Contributor
I was running Sickrage without any problems. Suddenly (after I installed another plugin) I realised that Sickrage was not running anymore. It also was not possible to start it via the freenas webuGUI. The WebGUI showed that the sickrage plugin was not running.
However when I went to the sickrage jail and tried to start it via service sickrage onestart I got the message sickrage already running? (pid=11496).
So I stopped it and started it again which worked. I also could access the sickrage local website. But after (maybe 1 minute) a while the sickrage website was again not reachable, the sickrage service however was still running.
Stopping and starting it again gave me another minute before sickrage shut down again.

I also could not find any logs whatsoever to look for possible problems.

zimon

Contributor
Ok I could narrow down the problem. It looks like that the sickrage webgui is the problem. After a "fresh" start I can have one request to the webgui for example 192.198.0.10:8081/home. The second request _always_ times out.Whether its a refresh or to another page like 192.198.0.10:8081/manage/ even when I wait several minutes between those request. After the time out I have to wait several minutes then I can start from the beginning. One request, the second times out...

Anyone any ideas what the heck is going on?

Jimmy Dahlin

Dabbler
I have had the same problem for a couple of days and I can't even get it to start for a little bit. I have only tried to start/stop in the plugin GUI.

zimon

Contributor
So how did you fix it? The thing is that sickrage is actually running, It downloads the torrents but the access to the webgui of sickrage is broken as I described.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I would try to find out if you are on the latest version. if not, maybe whatever issue you have has been fixed, you can check sickrage's commits.

you can try replacing sickrage's source with the latest at /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage

Jimmy Dahlin

Dabbler
I haven't fixed it, don't know how to. I've installed Sickrage thru the Plugins section and now the plugin won't start.

Where can I see which version I'm on? The plugin section only says "autoupdate.9_1".
How do I upgrade to the latest?
Should I delete the plugin and install Sickrage manually, is that better?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
This command will show what commit you are on
Code:
cat /var/db/sickrage/config.ini | grep cur_commit_hash

you can then check that here https://github.com/SickRage/SickRage/commits/master

To update you could replace your source with the latest using this
Code:
rm -r /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
fetch --no-verify-peer "https://github.com/SickRage/SickRage/archive/master.tar.gz"
tar xzf master.tar.gz
mv SickRage-master /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
chown -R media:media /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
rm master.tar.gz

I'm not sure what you mean manually? If you mean using a jail, then it should work the same, you will lose integration in the FreeNAS WebUI. But you could also use git instead of the source method which makes updating easier if there are problems in the future.

Supa

Patron
Same issue.

Current Commit_Hash: 12e8e54a4a8d15d3f6739f9afede01129d1e7449

After updating via Joshua's commands it worked. Thanks!

Updated Hash: edc61acc6934ac3e15568ed07c37b06233ec19a9

Joshua could you use that command to manually update other plugins too?

Jimmy Dahlin

Dabbler
Hi,

It works again, thank you Joshua!

Before:
cur_commit_hash = 12e8e54a4a8d15d3f6739f9afede01129d1e7449

After:
cur_commit_hash = edc61acc6934ac3e15568ed07c37b06233ec19a9

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Same issue.

Current Commit_Hash: 12e8e54a4a8d15d3f6739f9afede01129d1e7449

After updating via Joshua's commands it worked. Thanks!

Updated Hash: edc61acc6934ac3e15568ed07c37b06233ec19a9

Joshua could you use that command to manually update other plugins too?
you would need to modify it, but any of the python source based plugins could be upgraded that way. but most of these have in app updating anyway so you only need to do this when that breaks

zimon

Contributor
Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. As I said, sickrage self was running, only the webgui did not work properly. Since I had autoupdate on for sickrage the latest commit hash was the most recent.
edc61acc6934ac3e15568ed07c37b06233ec19a9

I still removed the folder and replaced it again like joshua described but without any success.
I think the problem ist not sickrage, it is the part of freenas which runs those plugin websites (is it nginx?)
Could that be?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. As I said, sickrage self was running, only the webgui did not work properly. Since I had autoupdate on for sickrage the latest commit hash was the most recent.
edc61acc6934ac3e15568ed07c37b06233ec19a9

I still removed the folder and replaced it again like joshua described but without any success.
I think the problem ist not sickrage, it is the part of freenas which runs those plugin websites (is it nginx?)
Could that be?
possibly your networking for the jail isn't working as expected. cab you from the jail ping the computer trying to access sickrage?

or something is wrong/incompatible in your data-directory (/var/db/sickrage). this issue is application specific and could best be solved my on the sickrage forum/github.

zimon

Contributor
I just realized that in my transmission jail a torrent was not downloading. I then restarted the complete freenas and now it looks like everything works again.
This really looks like a network issue I guess, besides pinging within the jail, what else should I do to track down the problem, next time if this happens again?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I just realized that in my transmission jail a torrent was not downloading. I then restarted the complete freenas and now it looks like everything works again.
This really looks like a network issue I guess, besides pinging within the jail, what else should I do to track down the problem, next time if this happens again?
I never have a problem with networking when I disable VIMAGE and assing a proper interface to a jail. (you would also need to restart the jail for this to take effect)

zimon

Contributor
the same problem just happened again. I am not sure about VIMAGE but I have a proper interface assigned to the jail. This is really strange, is there anywhere to find any errors/logs about that? Since I really think this is a network issue I have no idea where to find those logs?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
sickrage has its application specific logs in /var/db/sickrage but that probably wouldnt have info about network level stuff.

zimon

Contributor
yea, I have looked there, but since sickrage is actually running and working there is nothing in there. Where do I find nginx related logs? And is this VIMAGE worth looking into?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
yea, I have looked there, but since sickrage is actually running and working there is nothing in there. Where do I find nginx related logs? And is this VIMAGE worth looking into?
what does nginx have to do with the plugins?
if you mean the nginx for the FreeNAS webui, I'm not sure if it has logging enabled, and that in no way effects if sickrage is running or not

so sickrage is randomly stopping for you? can you verify by showing the output of 'service sickrage status'
maybe you shouldn't have autoupdate enabled, since that may break things

zimon

Contributor
Well as I said, the problem is that the webui of sickrage does not work proberly. Sickrage is running

sickrage is running as pid 52736.

Whenever I go to the sickrage webui the first request works. So f.e. I go to mysickrageip:8081/home/ it works, but then when I go to the showlist or anything other, I get timeout, "This site can not be reached" and I cannot access the webui at all.
After a few minutes it works again, but only for the next request, then timeout again and so so.

So this is most likely a problem of the nginx which runs the sickrage web ui.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Well as I said, the problem is that the webui of sickrage does not work proberly. Sickrage is running

sickrage is running as pid 52736.

Whenever I go to the sickrage webui the first request works. So f.e. I go to mysickrageip:8081/home/ it works, but then when I go to the showlist or anything other, I get timeout, "This site can not be reached" and I cannot access the webui at all.
After a few minutes it works again, but only for the next request, then timeout again and so so.

So this is most likely a problem of the nginx which runs the sickrage web ui.
Ahh ok, as you said your issues are specific to sickrage's webui.

FreeNAS's networking likely is not an issue. And sickrage does not use nginx for it's webui, it uses some python framework to generate it. You should post your logs in /var/db/sickrage to the sickrage forum or github and they can debug your application specific issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.