SickBeard + Transmission = no automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtK

Patron
Hey,
I have both Transmission & SickBeard plugins working side by side.
Transmission watches the /mnt/Storage/Transmission/Torrents directory, while SickBeard puts them there.

Each APP has its own user, but in the same media group.
The watch directory is set to 775 and the file added by SickBeard is (somehow) 666 so it should be readable & writable by Transmission and its user.

The problem is, Transmission doesn't start anything added this way.
If I restart the plugin is does start...

Supa

Patron
I think the problem is SickBeard is mainly used with Sabnzbd....

I tried using black hole as well and EZRSS finds nothing.

OqM94LY.png

marcevan

Patron
That's not the issue:

In the code snip you see there is an error "loading" the URL. This isn't EZRSS not finding what you want.

Back to permissions then. We'd need a complete owner/group from the various plugins and volumes since he might be doing a guest CIFs and the /tank/media (etc) stuff could be all guest/guest and thus storage for plugins should be considered.

Supa

Patron
Most of my problems have been with permissions actually. I tried removing my IP under Hosts Allow.. but still had permission issues :D

Tried adding all the jails... as well.. but no luck..

eW5Pnjm.png

oymr1EP.png

2fApxbA.png

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Most of my problems have been with permissions actually. I tried removing my IP under Hosts Allow.. but still had permission issues :D

Tried adding all the jails... as well.. but no luck..

eW5Pnjm.png

oymr1EP.png

2fApxbA.png

I highly recommend you install transmission, sickbeard, and couchpotato to the same jail. You could then limit connections to 127.0.0.1 (thought you'd still need a way to connect to the web interface from your Personal Computer?).

File permissions and "Hosts Allow" are unrelated. Once affects the creation of files, the other the ability to access the web api.

Status
Not open for further replies.