Sickbeard POSTPROCESSER: error 13 : Permission denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris pucknell

Explorer
i've looked everywhere on sickbeard, I definitely do not have that setting, and apparently I don't have permission to update sickbeard through the plugin gui OR the freenas gui either xD

Is there some way I can force an update through the ssh console business?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
i've looked everywhere on sickbeard, I definitely do not have that setting, and apparently I don't have permission to update sickbeard through the plugin gui OR the freenas gui either xD

Is there some way I can force an update through the ssh console business?
hmm.. I would think that setting should be there. I've been a sickrage user for a while though so maybe I'm remembering things wrong.

as for updates, since you changed the user sickbeard runs as you should also change the ownership of sickbeard's source directory
Code:
chown -R xargon:xargon /usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/share/sickbeard/*

I should add this as a note to the permission thread.

INCSlayer

Contributor
this is where it would be:
Dj6RUCB.png

chris pucknell

Explorer
man how do you get to grips with all this permissions m'larky???

I have changed the permissions of the source and the update has gone through :)

sadly that option is still missing from the post-processing config page!

tHs99O0.png

INCSlayer

Contributor
ok i can now see that there is actually starting to be a larger difference between Sickbeard and Sickrage which is what I and Joshua are using.
I didnt think the differences where that large actually.
and that explains why you dont have that button.

Considering that atleast the github page shows the most recent update 4 months ago unless there is a fork i dont know about you might want to consider moving to Sickrage instead.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
if you do want to stick with sickbeard, it should have a move option somewhere. this might even be the default and something is causing sickbeard to not delete the files.

chris pucknell

Explorer
hang on, so this sickrage is exclusively for post-processing? So if I were to rig that up, I would have to stop sickbeard from doing anything except searching for downloads.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
hang on, so this sickrage is exclusively for post-processing? So if I were to rig that up, I would have to stop sickbeard from doing anything except searching for downloads.
no, they both do the same thing. (searching/post-processing)
SickRage forked from sickbeard a while ago and added features like better torrent support and using tvrage in conjunction with tvdb.

chris pucknell

Explorer
Well! I'll give the beard a bit more of a chance but if it's still giving me hassle i'll pop down the barbers and give it the chop. Rage sounds like a winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.