Should LAGG failures be reported anywhere?

the_jest

Explorer
I'm not sure if this is an actual problem, or if my expectations are unrealistic, or what, but:

I'm running Truenas Core 13.0-U5.3, on a machine with an ASRock Rack C236 WSI motherboard, which has two 1GbE ports. In Core, I set up a LAGG interface in FAILOVER mode, with two cables going to my switch. I've never had a problem with this.

I had to temporarily move the machine to a location with only one extra Ethernet line, so I simply plugged this in to one of the mobo ports. It works completely fine, so fine that it's very hard to tell that only one-half of my LAGG interface is working. I would have expected some kind of notification alert warning me that I've entered failover mode, or at least something about this on the dashboard Interface widget. Instead, it shows "link state up", with green checks, and two interfaces listed. There doesn't seem to be any place in the LAGG report that shows that one of its interfaces is down; the only way I can learn this is by going to Network -> Interfaces and seeing the igbo0 is listed as DOWN.

Shouldn't this be more obviously indicated anywhere? Is it any different in SCALE, which I should be moving to for a new server in a month or two?