Shell Login -> Change Root Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

david31262

Dabbler
The only way I've been able to get shell login to work is with root enabled. I've try using admin and a user, but neither works (is there a setting I'm missing).

I don't mind using root, but I'd like to change the root password from "freenas". How do i do this ?

B

Bohs Hansen

Account -> Users -> View All Users . Then you got a button to change password for all "system users". I don't like it being at a default either when you already changed the "normal" admin password to something else

david31262

Dabbler
Account -> Users -> View All Users . Then you got a button to change password for all "system users". I don't like it being at a default either when you already changed the "normal" admin password to something else

Thanks !!!

cbray

Explorer
The button ?

Then you got a button to change password for all "system users".

Is this button near the "any" key ? or am I missing something?

B

Bohs Hansen

lol, haven't thought about the "any" key for a while :) That aside, minor translation hickups. A better phrase would probably have been "Then you got a button for each of the system users to change their respective passwords"

cbray

Explorer
Ah ok, goody... Thanks, now I feel better about having changed every darned one of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.