Sharing directory with OpenLDAP users

TomPszgd

Cadet
Hi all,

I’ve used the simple samba for file-sharing in my workplace so far, but now I would like to switch to the TrueNAS.
There's the openLDAP to store more than 200 users on a Debian VM hosted by proxmox and the TrueNAS 12.0-U7 is on a standalone server.

The TrueNAS works perfect with the "local users", what I created within TrueNAS, and the shared directories are reachable by "local users" on Windows 10 computers (and there're some Debian and Ubuntu machines too). So that's OK.

The openLDAP was configurated to have SSL and it looks like it works well via CA. On the TrueNAS GUI the 'Directory Services Monitor' says that the connection of LDAP is healthy, and on shell I see the opendlap user and group list via getent command, the ldapsearch gives correct result too. And I see these users under ACL settings as well. (I read that users from LDAP won't appear under Accounts/Users on TrueNAS GUI.) So that's also OK.

My problem's that I can't reach these shared directories with openldap users. I've read a lot of tutorials and forums including this one too. I've set up the Encryption Mode to START_TLS under Advanced mode of LDAP and I checked "Samba Schema" option too. But the shared directory is still not available for LDAP users.

I've tried several different ACL settings on a test dataset without any result. Whenever I try it with smbclient on a Debian computer, I get this error:
Code:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

I tried to set the sharing to just one user from openLDAP on ACL, but I got same error. With "local users" the smbclient works well so I can’t figure out there’s a problem with sharing or authorization.

I hope someone will able to give some hint to solve my problem.