Shares permissions for multiple users

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwall

Dabbler
I am setting up my first FreeNAS server and having a bit of trouble getting the datasets/shares setup. So far I have created 1 volume, /mnt/Production, and 2 datasets, /mnt/Production/Movies/ & /mnt/Production/Photos/. I have also created 2 shares, "Movies" & "Photos", each is mounted to thier respective dataset.

I want to give User1, full access to both shares, but only give User2 read access to each share. User1 is in a group Admins, User2 is in a group Users. It seems to me that I need to give the Admins group full access to both shares and the Users group read access to the shares but I cannot figure out how to assign multiple permissions to each share.

What am I missing here?

Thanks for the help.

ProtoSD

MVP
Have you looked at any of the "sticky" posts at the top of this forum section?

jwall

Dabbler
Thanks for the reply ProtoSD. I'll admit, before posting I did not read the stickies, but looking now I don't see how any of the 3 are relevant

paleoN

Wizard

ProtoSD

MVP
Thanks for the reply ProtoSD. I'll admit, before posting I did not read the stickies, but looking now I don't see how any of the 3 are relevant

Sorry about that, my mistake. They used to be there, but someone moved them. I'll fix that ;)

jwall

Dabbler
Thanks ProtoSD, I realize now that this was an embarrasingly simple question. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.