Shared folder not showing in windows network

nanodisk

Dabbler
Hi,

Been testing TrueNAS on a different machine all day. Installed a fresh instance on a new machine. Added a user, created a pool with dataset. Gave the user correct permissions and allowed the dataset to be shared across the network. However, said folder is not appearing. I've redone this multiple times thinking I may missed something but it still does the same everytime.

Any suggestions?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi,

Been testing TrueNAS on a different machine all day. Installed a fresh instance on a new machine. Added a user, created a pool with dataset. Gave the user correct permissions and allowed the dataset to be shared across the network. However, said folder is not appearing. I've redone this multiple times thinking I may missed something but it still does the same everytime.

Any suggestions?

Try turning on the NetBIOS name server under network->global configuration?

nanodisk

Dabbler
Try turning on the NetBIOS name server under network->global configuration?
Just tried that and again no luck. Really strange as I'm able to access the web ui and ping the server etc. But just doesn't want appear within network...

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Check the host discovery services on the desktop. They should be running, and the PC's network designated as a Private network.

nanodisk

Dabbler
Check the host discovery services on the desktop. They should be running, and the PC's network designated as a Private network.
Left the server over the weekend. Came back to it appearing on the network, bit of a weird one :confused: