Shadow copy does't work after replication

krushynn

Cadet
Shadow copy works on the source machine, but if I replicate my datasets to another machine, unfortunately the replicated data (on shadow copy) is not visible under Windows 10 via smb. My settings on both machines: Truenas 12.0U4, datasets ACL restricted, each dataests has the same owner and an additional user with full rights to the shared smb datasets. If I check the selected snapshot by getfacl on the replicated machine, I see for example 1002 as the owner instead of the username. Sometimes, even if the user is correctly recognized, the shadow copy is not displayed anyway.
Any idea's will be much appreciated.

krushynn

Cadet
I would like to clarify a few more points. The problem definitely occurs in the following case.
Truenas1 has two datasets: Neptune and Pluton.
Neptune in ACL Permissions is owned by Superman user (full access).
Pluton in ACL Permissions is also owned by Superman user (full access) and additionally Batman user (full access).
And on the Truenas1 shadow copy machine works fine. Then I created a replication job for Neptune and Pluton from Truenas1 to Truenas2.

On Truenas2 I check getfacl Neptune/.zfs/snapshot/auto-…

The owner is a randomly assigned user who physically exists only on the Truenas2 machine e.g. Hulk and here shadow copy does not work when I share this dataset with Superman who originally owned this dataset on Truenas1. Why do snapshot permissions change during replication ?

On Truenas2 I check getfacl Pluton/.zfs/snapshot/auto-…

The owner is a randomly assigned user who physically exists only on the Truenas2 machine e.g. Hulk, and Batman user also is listed here, like on the Truenas1. Shadow copy works when I share this resource also with Batman, who was originally the user added to this dataset on Truenas1. Why do snapshot owner permissions are change during replication ?