Setting up TrueNAS on Proxmox

Viselol

Cadet
Hi,
So I'm trying to setup my new server as a NAS with proxmox and trueNAS scale. I've gone through many many walk throughs at this stage. I believe I've set trueNAS scale itself up fine. However I'm running into issues when it comes to accessing the media I've saved on the drives though ANY media server platform. I've tried running Emby+plex though TrueNAS apps. I've tried installing plex+empy+jellyfin on Proxmox itself.

I have access to the folders when exploring though windows on a separate PC, and also though a the proxmox server (still with emby on the debian machine it will not access the files)

I have 4 drives total. 2 8gig running mirrored labelled as "media truenas" a 4gig "Unsorted truenas" and an internal NVME running for the OS etc.

I have created a user group and then shared from there. I feel like there must be some setting I've missed. But I'm at a loss. Not really sure what to show in order for you to help.

It works if running a VM on debian and mounting the drives then accessing. Or using a windows PC. However I'm unable to get it running as a container in Proxmox OR TrueNAS itself.

1702887371687.png

Asus TUF Gaming B550-PLUS AM4 ATX Motherboard​

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 6 Core AM4 4.20GHz CPU Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler​

G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB)F4-4000C18D-16GVK Ripjaws V 4000MHz DDR4 RAM​

Kingston 1TB NV2 2280 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 SSD - SNV2S/1000G​

Thermaltake 550W Smart BM2 80+ Bronze Power Supply​

and some OLD nvidia gfx card.

Last edited: