Setting up NGINX Reverse-Proxy, Cloudflare Let’s Encrypt SSL for NextCloud, DDNS on Freenas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahadshery

Contributor
fahadshery submitted a new resource:

Setting up NGINX Reverse-Proxy, Cloudflare Let’s Encrypt SSL for NextCloud, DDNS on Freenas 11.3-U1J - Install a Reverse Proxy and Encrypt using Let'sEncrypt and Cloudflare

Hi All,

I followed the great guide by @samuel-emrys https://www.samueldowling.com/2020/01/18/nginx-reverse-proxy-freenas-ssl-tls/.

I added the following:
I already had a domain hosted at cloudflare. So I wanted to use that.
I used certbot for cloudflare.

I used DuckDNS for dynamic IP issue.

You can access the guide here...

Read more about this resource...

NasKar

Guru
tried to setup your reverse proxy but there are some errors.
There is some confusion with snippets vs vdomains.
1) should cd /usr/loca/etc/nginx/snippets be cd /usr/local/etc/nginx/vdomains
2) rename dhparams.pem to dh4096.pem
3) system nginx reload be service nginx reload
4) chmod 400 -R .secret doesn't work

I have DNS-o-Matic on my pfsense router and have cloudflare setup in DNS-o-Matic to update my IP address when it changes
I've added CNAME cloud.MYDOMAIN.ml to MYDOMAIN.ml in the cloudflare DNS settings
Created an instance of nextcloud in a jail with no ssl cert that works locally accessing the IP of the jail
Port forwarded 80 and 443 to the reverse proxy jail IP in pfsense
When I go to https://cloud.MYDOMAIN.ml/nextcloud I get This Site Can't be Reached

ornias

Wizard
With my recent PR's merged into @danb35 his nextcloud solution (which where somewhat based on the data structure in a previous blog by @samuel-emrys ), I don't see much value in this.

There are more thoroughly tested and finetuned solutions available that don't include such many such basic feature-breaking typo's everywhere...

Don't take me wrong:
It's good seeing people creating new ways of installing nextcloud, but what is unique about your solution?

fahadshery

Contributor
you should use whatever solution works for you. I am not compelling you or anyone to use mine in any way?
I just found it difficult (at the time) executing the script so I embarked on learning something new and doing this way, I am not only up to date with the current release of my nextcloud but also learnt how all this works, etc.
This has helped me setting my other stuff such as gitlab and gitlab runner etc. So there is no one way of doing stuff and I never claimed my solution is perfect and should be followed at all costs

ornias

Wizard
Members are expected to be courteous to other members, and bear in mind not everyone has a high skill level
I like resources to add something to the community.
Thats why I asked what was Unique about your solution.

Thanks for your reply, But I don't think resources should be created just because someone learned something today. Just my opinion, nothing personal :)

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I inquired directly about further updates and the answer was

I am no longer using nginx proxy manager via jails. I am doing it using Docker now. :(

Will delete the resource. If someone else wants to take it over, contact me directly.

fahadshery

Contributor
This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
see discussion thread; fahadshery is now using Docker and not updating this

Status
Not open for further replies.