setting up freenas as xbmc host

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl_87

Cadet
Hello

I'm currently building a freenas box and will be using it to serve out all my media through xbmc. I want to share my library (settings etc) within xbmc accross mulitple client machines running xbmc. I've read that it can all be done within freenas by installing mysql in a jail and tweaking some things, then pointing the clients to the ip address. The guides I've read seem incomplete or out of date. I think I'll be ok with the xbmc parts, just not the freenas parts. I was wondering if any of you had done this or had any idea how I go about it? I would have thought what I'm trying to do would be more common?

Thanks for any help provided.

Caesar

Contributor
I've installed MySQL on my 8.3.1 server. I reviewed this post and then did my own MySQL install.

karl_87

Cadet
Thanks mate, Seems like some of the information I need is there. For xbmc to work though you have to do some extra bits ... different nas box example here

Seems like I need to create users etc but not sure on the exact commands etc

Caesar

Contributor
yeah I think I googled how to create uses in MySQL. I had a hell of a time finding the wildcard character for the hostname. BTW it's %

tanik1

Contributor
hello i was setting up xbmc on my windows pc and added the smb share from the freenas. But I have an issue with the title showing up as the file name instead of the title for the shows. How do i set it to show the titles and not the file name?

tanik1

Contributor
You need to look at XBMC's library features.

i did and there was an option to replace file with library name but it still shows the file name

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
its not just a checkbox. you need to configure your library in xbmc.

please see the xbmc wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.