Server Hangs - FreeNAS 11.0 U4 - ASRock C2550D4I Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerpentMage

Dabbler
Hello All,

I am guessing my issue is due to the known fault with the C2550D4I boards, I already submitted an online ticket with ASRock to get that ball rolling. but I wanted to double check if there's anything else I can check?

My server hung once a few weeks ago, I restarted it and everything was fine. Then it hung again last night, now it won't stay alive more than an hour or two, if that. I can reset it via the IPMI interface which has always responded fine. Also, when it does come back online everything appears fine, no warnings or anything in the FreeNAS GUI.

I did set FreeNAS to log to a free Kiwi Sysop Log Server earlier today and set it to Debug logs last time I powered it on, however admittedly I'm not really sure what I'm looking for in there.

Sorry if I missed anything, I'm rather new to posting here.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.

-Serp

Last edited:

Redcoat

MVP
Based on the positive experiences reported in this forum, I would say that you have already done the best that you can do - contacted ASRock.
Good luck!

toadman

Guru
If the issue on that board is related to the stepping of the Intel part, you might be out of luck. I hope ASRock can help you out!

SerpentMage

Dabbler
If the issue on that board is related to the stepping of the Intel part, you might be out of luck. I hope ASRock can help you out!

I worked with their support and there were some sensor readings with the CPU that stopped responding. They asked me to send it in for an RMA, only down side is everything is down for a couple weeks.

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.