selecting a separate NIC for a VM in bhyve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sander Jansen

Explorer
Hey, I just upgraded to FreeNAS 11.0 and started to try things in the new bhyve options. Now i have 1 VM out of a few that needs to have its own network card. free from other VMs and also free from FreeNAS. I have 2 dedicated network cards in my system and would like to use the second one for this VM. how can i go about doing this?

The point is that i need a completely separate network for this VM as it is going to run pfSense and Vlans before it goes into my normal network.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sander Jansen

Explorer
I just installed this update but I don't see any difference? it seems like there is still no option to chose hardware for VMs. or do I need to do something first to get those options?

Last edited by a moderator:

dmshimself

Dabbler
I'm on the stable 11 release and when adding a network device to a VM, I too cannot seem to find a way to specify which network to use for the VM card. Is there a way to do this with the command line at the moment or do we need to be a bit patient?

Sander Jansen

Explorer
I dont know about command line. But in the web interface its still not possible. i dont like to use teh commandline to much because i dont want to risk it that something changes with updates or something and that settings are overwritten. could form a mess later on

raidflex

Guru
Why does this ticket show resolved yet the problem still exists?

Journer

Dabbler
I'm also still having this issue, can't change the vlan (interface) for VMs

D

dlavigne

Looking more closely at the ticket, it looks like it added the middleware bits to the new UI. There are a boatload of VM improvements coming in BETA1 (expected on the 23rd). If the issue persists after then, someone on this thread please make a new ticket and post the issue number here.

Sander Jansen

Explorer
Im also still keeping a eye on this... for myself i have just given up on the plans i had and went for a tiny physical pc for the main time...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

kgmoney

Cadet
So, in the classic interface I see no way to specify what interface/vlan the nic should be connected to. However, in the new beta ui, There is a selection for the interface you want to use...I have several vals that show up in that list. However, when I try to save the device, I get an error that says 'Fatal error! Check logs.' ...in fact, in the new interface it seems I can't create a nic and save it.

Status
Not open for further replies.