Seed box setup on TrueNAS Core

MJFlanigan

Cadet
Running a dell r720 with truenas on proxmox. Have Plex and nextcloud installed. Wondering how to properly install radar and other programs along with a vpn to protect my privacy. Any guides would be helpful. I've seen a few that are older but nothing for this new version of truenas.

ChrisRJ

Wizard
VPNs do not protect privacy in the way it is advertised. What they do is move the potential point for "privacy intrusion" from the ISP to the VPN provider. If the ISP is located in a totalitarian state and the VPN provider is in a democratic country, that may improve privacy. There are obviously other scenarios that make sense for VPN, esp. security for external access. But for privacy I see it largely as selling fridges to people living at the arctic circle.

MJFlanigan

Cadet
VPNs do not protect privacy in the way it is advertised. What they do is move the potential point for "privacy intrusion" from the ISP to the VPN provider. If the ISP is located in a totalitarian state and the VPN provider is in a democratic country, that may improve privacy. There are obviously other scenarios that make sense for VPN, esp. security for external access. But for privacy I see it largely as selling fridges to people living at the arctic circle.
thanks