'Scrub Boot' email notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Bennett

Dabbler
I have configured email settings in FreeNAS and I receive the appropriate email when I hit the 'Send Test Email' button. I also received an automatic email when I unplugged one of the two USB boot mirror devices - the email tells me 'The boot volume state is DEGRADED...' which is great.

One event I'd really like the result of is the automatic 'scrub boot' which I think happens every 35 days. To test this I thought I'd initiate a System->Boot->ScrubBoot. The scrub works fine and I get a GUI message telling me the result. However, I do NOT receive an automatic email which I thought I would. Am I missing something here?

I'd also like to set up an automatic 30-day (or so) scrub of my data pool held on a pair of mirrored ZFS hard drives, but I'm guessing I do need to set that up myself?

m0nkey_

MVP
If e-mail notifications are correctly configured, then you will receive 'Starting scrub on ...' messages. Only if an issue is found during the scrub you'll get a second e-mail advising you of the issue.

I receive a 'Starting scrub on..' message every two weeks where my pool scrubs are configured.

Nipomo

Dabbler
For question #2, you can set up your data pool scrub under Storage, Scrubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.