Scripted Resilio Sync Installation

Scripted Resilio Sync Installation

oncdoc

Dabbler
Hi, cap, will do and report back. Ive got to get my hardware straightened out first.

oncdoc

Dabbler
Ive got the sync working and my files are going to a folder /sync/myfolder beautifully and reliably.

Question is how the heck am I supposed to access these files? Truenas does not have a file explorer. I am not that well versed in the command line.

Thanks in advance.

oncdoc

Dabbler
so in the end its a dud. I cannot access my files in any kind of way. I tried WINscp and double commander. I then installed resilio on a pool that actually had a data set and still cant into these folders.

1674750714303.png

cap

Contributor
@oncdoc:

Did you set the host path?
e.g.
Example of additional storage, in TrueCharts Plex application:

• Host Path set to /mnt/pool/dataset/child-dataset, in my example /mnt/default/media/center
  • Mount Path set to internal container directory /media, standard Linux directory where media is stored

I can't get Resilio Sync installed in the first place. Maybe it's because I don't meet the system requirements for TrueCharts (my apps are not on SSDs but HDDs - works for many apps but not all).

Syncthing worked for me. Syncthing has also been able to synchronise Xattrs (e.g. tags) for some time (unfortunately, this did not work for me in a short test).

oncdoc

Dabbler
@oncdoc:

e.g.

I can't get Resilio Sync installed in the first place. Maybe it's because I don't meet the system requirements for TrueCharts (my apps are not on SSDs but HDDs - works for many apps but not all).

Syncthing worked for me. Syncthing has also been able to synchronise Xattrs (e.g. tags) for some time (unfortunately, this did not work for me in a short test).
resilio is limited to SSDs? thats nuts. Doesnt make sense

oncdoc

Dabbler
@oncdoc:

e.g.

I think my problems are due to hostPath Validation changes with bluefin. I can have excellent syncing but can't access the files

nasraider

Cadet
How can the jail be created in NAT mode, so that the IP address is the same as the TrueNAS IP on port 8888?