Resource icon

Scripted installation of Nextcloud 28 in iocage jail 2018-03-23

danb35

Hall of Famer
i can find that folder on windows explorer,
Well, it's a completely different folder, but it may yet be what we're looking for. Stop your Nextcloud jail, rename that folder to caddy_old, and restart the jail. It should create a new certificate at that time.

InGenetic

Contributor
I don't think it matters how you rename it, as long as it's renamed on the TrueNAS machine.
Mr.danb35 ,

Really really thanks .. for your help , now my nextcloud page already has a new certificated, and running normally on mozilla browser and else.
ssl ok.JPG

and for the next 3 months , caddy will auto renewal it self as usual , isn't it ?

Regards,

InGenetic

Contributor
Hi mr.danb35 & all
i want to ask about commercial SSL , is that possible to use commercial ssl on my nextcloud using this script ?
just in case , one day on the future , we need to use commercial ssl for our nextcloud.
for example can we use this kind of ssl like below ?

sectigo.JPG

and if possible to use this kind of ssl, please let me know about step by step how to using this ssl on our current nextcloud which we built our nextcloud using mr.danb35 excellent scripts.

my nextcloud config is :

JAIL_IP="192.168.0.9"
DEFAULT_GW_IP="192.168.0.1"
POOL_PATH="/mnt/cloud/Jails/nextloud"
JAIL_NAME="nextcloud"
TIME_ZONE="Europe/London"
HOST_NAME="cloud.mydomain.com"
STANDALONE_CERT=1
CERT_EMAIL="admin@mydomain.com"
DB_PATH="/mnt/cloud/db"
FILES_PATH="/mnt/cloud/files"
CONFIG_PATH="/mnt/cloud/nextcloud/config"
~
~

please advice,

regards,

danb35

Hall of Famer
Maybe consider it as an option ? Building OnlyOffice takes like 3 hours from ports lol.
I'd missed this earlier. Yes, it would be an option--but is it not available as a package?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
but is it not available as a package?
It is - now. As expected it took the package cluster a couple of days to catch up. And of course you need to configure the "latest" repo, not the "quarterly" one.

victort

Guru
Has anyone had

HTTP error 502. Nextcloud is unable to handle this request at the moment.

?

A reboot of TrueNAS seems to have solved it for now.

Any ideas?
The last couple of days i have had to reboot, because nextlcoud would just not connect. I am not sure what the issue is...
Where can i get the log from for troubleshooting?

danb35

Hall of Famer

wootness

Dabbler
Tried installing v23 over existing v22 and got the following error:
Script started, output file is nextcloud.log
JAIL_INTERFACES not set, defaulting to: vnet0:bridge0
Existing Nextcloud config detected... Checking Database compatibility for reinstall
Database is compatible, continuing...
Jail: nextcloud already exists!
Failed to create jail

What's the recommended upgrade method?

danb35

Hall of Famer
What's the recommended upgrade method?
As I posted in response to your question in the Caddy thread, just update using Nextcloud's built-in updater.

wootness

Dabbler
As I posted in response to your question in the Caddy thread, just update using Nextcloud's built-in updater.
Oh gotcha. I didn't see the v23 on the updater within nextcloud. I guess I need to wait until they finish the rolling updates?

victort

Guru
The last couple of days i have had to reboot, because nextlcoud would just not connect. I am not sure what the issue is...
Where can i get the log from for troubleshooting?
Still cannot detect the issue. It goes down every few days and I’ll have to reboot everything.

While it is in down state, the jail shows as “up” but when attempting to stop it i am met with,
Error:[EFAULT]+Stopping services FAILED ERROR: please use —force flag to force stop jail.

victort

Guru
Still cannot detect the issue. It goes down every few days and I’ll have to reboot everything.
While it is in down state, the jail shows as “up” but when attempting to stop it i am met with,
Error:[EFAULT]+Stopping services FAILED ERROR: please use —force flag to force stop jail.
Seeing a bunch of “error http2 stream closed” in the caddy log, but that’s about it for errors.

Last edited:

victort

Guru

Seeing a bunch of “error http2 stream closed” in the caddy log, but that’s about it for errors.
Post in thread 'Scripted installation of Nextcloud 23 in iocage jail'
https://www.truenas.com/community/t...nextcloud-23-in-iocage-jail.62485/post-671554

After some study and reading up on this, I have set the pm.maxchildren to 100 becasue in the php-fpm log it appears that every time it failed the errors before were pm.max children reached.

My question now is , do I have to edit anything in the caddy config, or is the www.conf within php-fpm.d the only one needed?

Last edited: