Resource icon

Scripted installation of Nextcloud 28 in iocage jail 2018-03-23

golfox2

Dabbler
Unfortunately because you did that, the folders were created instead of the datasets. I would just redo the installation if of course you just did it in the last day or so.

@winnielinnie Is there a way to create a dataset overtop of an existing folder?
I would not. It's the equivalent of mounting a filesystem atop an existing folder. (You'll end up with ghost files/folders hidden by the mounted filesystem.) Your best bet is to (1) copy the entire directory to a temporary safe location, (2) remove the (now) empty directory, (3) create the new dataset, and then (4) copy the files/folders back into this new (and mounted) dataset.

Or just do that after removing the entire directory. :wink: (Assuming there's nothing important already saved.)
Hi, thanks for your answers. I fortunately did not do anything with nextcloud, so no data yet anywhere.
So If I understand correctly, I can completely delete the 4 manually created subdatasets (files, config, themes, db) and the jail, then run the install script for a new fresh install. This will delete the folders created (which I don't care).
-> It is not going to mess things up with the local IP address that I've set for the jail (because it's creating a new one, with the same IP)
-> Nor is it going to mess up the let's encrypt certificate it obtained previously ?
if that's correct, then i'm happy :)

victort

Guru
Hi, thanks for your answers. I fortunately did not do anything with nextcloud, so no data yet anywhere.
So If I understand correctly, I can completely delete the 4 manually created subdatasets (files, config, themes, db) and the jail, then run the install script for a new fresh install. This will delete the folders created (which I don't care).
Sure. Delete them, then recreate your dataset structure as outlined in the instructions. Make sure to then set your POOL_PATH properly.
-> It is not going to mess things up with the local IP address that I've set for the jail (because it's creating a new one, with the same IP)
Destroy the old jail first. Then you should be good.
-> Nor is it going to mess up the let's encrypt certificate it obtained previously ?
This won’t matter. It’ll just grab a new cert for you.

golfox2

Dabbler
Roger that, thanks for the info, really appreciate ! have a happy easter week-end

golfox2

Dabbler
by the way, in the script installation instruction, when creating the datasets, it's written :
It's also recommended to cache only metadata on the db dataset; you can do this by running
Code:
zfs set primarycache=metadata poolname/db.

should I run that in the shell , and in my case it's going to be : =Nextcloud/nextcloud/db
correct ?
1711662980452.png

thanks !