SCALE SMB Security access problem with E/A errors

dfritz

Cadet
We have upgraded Truenas from CORE to Scale. Our system has around 50 TB of data and various SMB shares.

Now it turned out that some directories now only have RO permissions to some users, other have RW or also permissions are lost. Well, I thought, then we just adjust that. Unfortunately this does not work. When I adjust the security settings of the directories under Windows, I get I/O error messages from various included files. But the data is fine and can be opened normally by other users. Does anyone have an idea ?

billbillw

Dabbler
I am having a similar issue with Scale. I have a SMB share setup with a user called npool (NAS Pool) with full permissions and a password. I am able to see this on my Windows PC, but I get permission errors when I try to edit any of the files. See screen shots. On the Windows PC, I logged in with the name and password and told it to remember credentials. Any clue why?

Attachments

• npool config.jpg
    npool config.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Permission error.jpg
    Permission error.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 56

Tony-1971

Contributor
From print screens the users are different: UID 3000 from TrueNAS and UID 1000 from windows?
Best Regards,
Antonio

billbillw

Dabbler
From print screens the users are different: UID 3000 from TrueNAS and UID 1000 from windows?
Best Regards,
Antonio
But how is that possible? I logged into the SMB in Windows with the npool credentials...
I don't even have a 1000 User in TrueNAS.

Attachments

• user list.jpg
    user list.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 50

billbillw

Dabbler
I guess I fixed it by going in to the SMB share settings and re-applying the permissions recursively. Not sure why it didn't do that when I setup the share.