Scale Backblaze

JeffJ62

Dabbler
I am using Backblaze to backup my harddrives. I have Truenas scale with2 WD red 2TIB drives. They are mirrored. I am only using 19% of the 2TIB. I use Xfinity for internet. The upload speed is around 8 MBps. For the last few days the updating information states that there is about 1 hour left. Sometimes it goes to 20 minutes, and sometimes it bounces to1 day. When it started it began at several weeks, then quickly dropped to 3 days. However, it has not finished. Last week I aborted the backup and changed some of the parameter of Backblaze. Then restarted it. I changed the upload chunk size to 10 and now 255. I changed the transfers from the default to 100. It seemed to go faster with these changes, but it never ends. Also, on the Backblaze site, it should yesterday at 8:39 am 732 files remaining, then at 3:42 pm 474 files remaining. The next day at 11:32 am it had 1359 files remaining. I contacted Backblaze and they said it was a Truenas problem. What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot 2023-03-12 111745.png
Screenshot 2023-03-12 111910.png

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I can only comment that I see cloud sync tasks sometimes have checksum or whatever error with one or more files which causes the impacted files to be re-added to the task, making it continue for more time and download amount.

If there are errors in the file somehow causing it to not copy cleanly over (not sure how that can be... at least from ZFS side, but I see it happen a lot with a SFTP type transfer that I used to do), then the copy will continue forever as the same file(s) will continue to not complete.

No idea on where the problem behind it is (maybe in some of the logic built into rclone, maybe something else)...

JeffJ62

Dabbler
I can only comment that I see cloud sync tasks sometimes have checksum or whatever error with one or more files which causes the impacted files to be re-added to the task, making it continue for more time and download amount.

If there are errors in the file somehow causing it to not copy cleanly over (not sure how that can be... at least from ZFS side, but I see it happen a lot with a SFTP type transfer that I used to do), then the copy will continue forever as the same file(s) will continue to not complete.

No idea on where the problem behind it is (maybe in some of the logic built into rclone, maybe something else)...
Is there a better way to backup the NAS? I do not have to use backblaze. Thanks.

sretalla