Scale 22.02-RC.2 Ryzen 2200G APU for application container

truecharts

Guru
Am I looking in the wrong place? I can see it in apps but not in catalog. Is there a promotion process?

Not here:

But here:
Whoops, thanks for the headsup, something had gone wrong with the automatic release script.
It's added to the que again and should be ready in half an hour or so :)

FrostyCat

Explorer
Whoops, thanks for the headsup, something had gone wrong with the automatic release script.
It's added to the que again and should be ready in half an hour or so :)
Cheers!

I wasn't sure if I'm blind or just looking at the wrong repo :)

Hello,

Having just learned about the amd-gpu-plugin in comments on the referenced feature request I attempted to follow along on my system and haven't had any success.

Before I started my own thread/submitted an issue I wanted to rule out my gut instinct that my GPU is just too new. I've attempted both "nfd" and "labeler" within the truecharts chart as well as the manual daemon-set approach suggested by @FrostyCat yet the gpu allocator remains grayed out.
  • labeler=enabled fails to start anything and remains in the "stopped" state
  • nfd=enabled starts and runs successfully with no errors in the master and worker pod logs
  • not selecting either options fails to start anything and again remains stopped.
  • (after removing the truechart charts) manually installing amd.yaml from above successfully installs and starts with no logs of note
When I initially installed the plugin from truecharts I selected nfd and that resulted in multiple kubernetes failures with 'systemctl status k3s' spamming "waiting for control-plane node agent startup truenas." Resetting the cluster and retrying the amd plugin first seemed to workaround that issue but I've still gotten nowhere.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 - no iGPU
System board: Asrock Rack x570 am4 board with built in ASPEED "gpu" set as the primary display in the bios. No PCIe IDs are isolated.
feature.node.kubernetes.io/pci-0300_1002.present=true
---

My GPU is the latest-gen RDNA2 Radeon Pro W6600. I know other parts of TrueNAS recognize it as a GPU as it shows it in the pci isolation menu (and it works fine when passed to a vm). TrueNas listing the card as "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 73e3" leads me to believe I just missed out on having Truenas' kernel (5.10) support my card (Kernel 5.11 introduced support for "Dimgrey Cavefish") and that's the root cause of all my issues trying to get the device plugin working.

Is that the case? I'm not sure where to start otherwise. Thank you for your time.

truecharts

Guru
Sadly enough we do not actively offer support on this forum.
Please file a support ticket with our support staff and/ check with the AMD GPU plugin which GPU's are supported.

hogen

Dabbler
Was going to test the new Jellyfin 1.8 beta3 but now I cant Allocated a GPU to any app. Running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.1 now. Kubernetes Settings has Enable GPU support and No Isolated GPU Device(s) configured. Have the amd-gpu-plugin upstream_0.0.3 from Truechart Core. And tried with FrostyCats method but that didnt chagne anythig. No Apps have the GPU allocated as far as I can tell. My guess is that something changed with the upgrades of SCALE to newer versions.

Is there a way to check if something has clamied or is using the GPU?
The way i have checked is by going to every installed app, but mayby that misses something or its another thing makeing the GPU unallocated to Kubernetes.

1653144567705.png

truecharts

Guru
Was going to test the new Jellyfin 1.8 beta3 but now I cant Allocated a GPU to any app. Running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.1 now. Kubernetes Settings has Enable GPU support and No Isolated GPU Device(s) configured. Have the amd-gpu-plugin upstream_0.0.3 from Truechart Core. And tried with FrostyCats method but that didnt chagne anythig. No Apps have the GPU allocated as far as I can tell. My guess is that something changed with the upgrades of SCALE to newer versions.

Is there a way to check if something has clamied or is using the GPU?
The way i have checked is by going to every installed app, but mayby that misses something or its another thing makeing the GPU unallocated to Kubernetes.

View attachment 55593
Claims do not affect the dropdown.
Byond that we would need you to go through our support process if you think it's related to our plugin/app.