SCALE 22.02.3 issue with Windows VM guest mouse pointer

dkopsieker

Cadet
I did a clean install of SCALE 22.02.3 on my dell server. Everything is working great except when i create a windows VM, and install the virtio drivers, my mouse pointer disappears.

works fine before installing the virtio drivers. Mouse and clicks still work, you just cant see the cursor. tried changing cursors and messing with resolutions, but nothing works.

any idea what that could be, or anyone else have this issue?

Thanks
Dan

anyuser

Dabbler
I have this issue too exactly as you described, so far not found a solution.

anyuser

Dabbler
Update, tried with laptop and, using the trackpad, the pointer does not disappear in the VM. Must be something to do with my logitech wireless mouse. will try to find a wired mouse.

soms

Cadet
Same issue on Scale 22.02.4 with Windows Server 2022. All devices set to VirtIO. Display device VCN with resolution set to 1400x1050.
I was able to get a temporary fix by adjusting cursor size. If I set it to 4 I get my cursor back (pretty big!), anything below = no cursor.
Better than nothing until someone comes up with a solution.

Deva

Cadet
Setting mouse size to little larger brigns the cursor back.
1679083238273.png

riegersn

Cadet
Same issue here with Ubuntu 22 using VNC on TrueNAS Scale 22.12.2 - Is there any fix? This large cursor is ridiculous, not to mention it blinks and lags as I move around the screen.

1685893958672.png

KnightArch

Cadet
This is an issue with the compatible VirtIO video driver. I'm using one from the Fedora repo for KVM/QEMU paravirtualization and to workaround this issue I just changed the template to an old style mouse cursor which is very similar but with a "long tail". Simple and objective.