SOLVED Save button greyed out in User Accounts

Wozza J

Dabbler
Hi all.

I am getting a FreeNAS box back on it's feet after having to destroy the zpool and I've encountered an issue where I have tried to make some changes to each User account and after making them, the 'Save' button is greyed out so no changes can be saved.

I've read a bit hear and there and have updated to FreeNAS-11.3-U4.1 from U3.1 as there was mention this would resolve the problem, but made no difference. The only way to do it so far was to delete the User account and re-create it each time I need to make a change which is obviously not ideal!

As I have found some references to it (but no resolution), I'm hoping someone here may be able to assist as right now, after recovering all the data, nobody can access any of it until I am able to set passwords and permissions etc.

Cheers,
Woz.

Wozza J

Dabbler
I've seen people have viewed this thread, just wondering if there is a fix for this? It's a real pain having to delete and recreate a user each time need to change something on their account :/

Cheers,
Woz.

joeschmuck

Old Man
While I'm not sure that I can provide you a solution, I can help you out still. Please take a screen shot of the problem and be a bit more descriptive about the problem. Also provide some information abotu what FreeNAS version you are using, and any other thing you think could be relevant. Do yo have a copy of an old configuration file that you could reload to see if it works? Not knowing more about your system setup and just assuming it's a basic vanilla setup, I would ensure I have a backup of my configuration file, reinstall FreeNAS from scratch (clean install not upgrade), see if you can make the user accounts work properly, if yes then restore the configuration file. If you have VMs/Jails then maybe a clean install is not proper for you. Also, when did this problem first start?

You have had a few folks read the thread just as I have but generally we do not post if we can't offer some help/advice.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
This was fixed in 11.3-U3.2. You shouldn't have to do this, but try rebooting back into U3.1, then updating to U3.2, U4, and finally U4.1. You may need to manually update, as the auto updater will just jump you to U4.1. You can find the manual update TAR files at http://download.freenas.org/11.3/STABLE/.