SAS card suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_max2k2

Cadet
Guys any suggestions for SAS card, I was looking at this & this. I was going to use one of these, and perhaps another in the future, also would it have any issues for Debian environment?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Guys any suggestions for SAS card, I was looking at this & this. I was going to use one of these, and perhaps another in the future, also would it have any issues for Debian environment?

Thanks!
While the first one would work, the second one (the Supermicro card) is not going to work at all because it is "based on the Marvell 9480 host controller".
Here is what I would suggest:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-H220-6G...0-IT-Mode-for-ZFS-FreeNAS-unRAID/162862201664
Mostly because it is PCIe 3.0

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Mod note: Moved these messages from the Hardware Recommendations Guide discussion thread.

I don't mean to be rude, but if you're going to post questions in the Hardware Recommendations Guide discussion thread, the least you could do is read the document, which answers your question.

Stux

MVP

i_max2k2

Cadet
Mod note: Moved these messages from the Hardware Recommendations Guide discussion thread.

I don't mean to be rude, but if you're going to post questions in the Hardware Recommendations Guide discussion thread, the least you could do is read the document, which answers your question.
I apologize, I am still a little new to these forums, thank you for moving this.

Status
Not open for further replies.