SAMBA AD DC Experiences with 9.3-BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian351c

Patron
I was wondering how many of you out there are using Samba as an AD DC with FreeNAS 9.3-BETA? What are your experiences like so far? Has it been working for you? What did you have to do to get it to work?

The reason I ask all this is that I am running into a strange issue with my test box and I can't seem to find a way around it. I did a fresh install of FreeNAS, did the basic network setup and did the setup for Domain Controller in Services. There were a couple steps in between (like I couldn't see NETLOGON and SYSVOL shares, so I tried provisioning from the command line to see if that would fix it). At the end of the day I had a functioning domain and was able to do things like join a workstation to the domain, add domain users, add A records to the DNS server, etc. Today, I did a "factory reset" on the FreeNAS box so that I could start from scratch and test some other stuff out. I am able to join the domain and log into it from my client PC, but I can no longer add a user to the domain. I've tried to retrace my steps as best I could, but alas, I am not able to find the magic incantation that worked for me yesterday... I've also tried The Goolges and lots of verbose logging with no luck.

Does anyone out there have a recipe for setting up Domain Controller services that they know works?

Thanks.

ian351c

Patron
I saw the update to the bug report. I'll play around with a nightly in my lab when I get a chance. Thanks!

RobertT

Explorer
I want to do this but didnt have time to spend on it yet. Might not get to do it until release for all i know..

Status
Not open for further replies.