SABnzbd is slow to load

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmccullough

Patron
When I try to load the URL for SABnzbd from a desktop computer on the same network (wired) as the FreeNAS server, it will often take 10+ seconds to load the page, then it loads in <100ms afterwards. Any idea why this is? It is almost as if the web server providing the page hibernates and the first request will start it and it will run for a period of time until it goes to sleep again. Is this true? If so, is there a way to configure it to always stay up? What is the downside of this? Is this even a FreeNAS specific problem? Or should I be asking this over at the SABnzbd forums (if they exist)?

rmccullough

Patron
I don't think so because none of my other internal DNS addresses have this issue, and my browser seems to connect immediately but then wait for a response. Here is what Google Chrome developer tools (Network) shows:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 4.20.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 4.20.33 PM.png
    277.2 KB · Views: 220

rmccullough

Patron
I posted on the SABnzbd forums, but haven’t received much helpful info. The problem however seems to have gone away. It seems to have coincided with a change I made in the configuration that required restarting the SABnzbd service (not the jail). Ever since that it seems to be running better.

Status
Not open for further replies.