Rsync FreeNAS -> Windows;DeltaCopy

Status
Not open for further replies.

madtulip

Explorer
I would like to backup some directories on the freenas to a windows machine running deltacopy. Deltacopy is the server. I use a task on the freenas. In the task settings i use:
User: NASUser
Remote Host: 192.168.0.2

On the windows side the deltacopy server has no username or password requirements. So far this is working.

However i would like to use authentification on the server. The user on the windows PC can not be the same as the one on the nas for reasons. So in delta copy i triied.:
User Name: WINUser
Password: PASSWORD

I then created that user with the same password on the freenas. I changed the rsync task options to contain any of theese options and none of them work.:
- Remote Host: 192.168.0.2
- Remote Host: WINUser@192.168.0.2
- Remote Host: WINUser:pASSWORD@192.168.0.2
(no smily version: W_I_N_U_s_e_r_:_P_A_S_S_W_O_R_D_@_1_9_2_._1_6_8_._0_._2)

In the tooltip of the freenas webinterface while configuring the rsync task suggests that the option "Remote Host: WINUser@192.168.0.2" is the right one.

What am i doing wrong? Maybe you have a working solution and can provide your correct syntax for me even if you do not know why my version is not working. If i know a syntax that works for others i could at least exclude that and search for other sources of the problem.

----------------
Also i would like to know if there is a possibility to send an email notification from the freenas if the rsync task fails.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
AFAIK there is no way to get an email notification if rsync fails. I'm not sure if it is possible (probably is), but if you would like this feature I would put in a feature request at bugs.freenas.org.

Status
Not open for further replies.