rm nas4free ; echo "keep" > FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireheadman

Dabbler
Hello,

I am old to the linux/unix world, but new to FreeNAS. I was on nas4free for the past 5+ years and finally pulled the plug on building a replacement nas. Nas4free was great and stable, but didn't offer near the abilities I am seeing in FreeNAS, plus the fact that I was stuck on the old version which required a complete rebuild to get on the latest version.

I put most of the specs of my new build in my signature. My goal has been to consolidate a few servers around the house into a single system, which I have accomplished with FreeNAS. (plex/sabnzbd/transmission/sonarr/couchpotato/headphones/nextcloud/zoneminder) and maybe crashplan

Really liking the forum support behind nas4free!! Although will say there seems to be something up with trying to submit an image for an avatar ;

The following error occurred:
The image could not be processed by the server. Please try another or contact the site owner.

Last edited by a moderator:

fireheadman

Dabbler

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Really liking the forum support behind nas4free!! Although will say there seems to be something up with trying to submit an image for an avatar ;

The image could not be processed by the server. Please try another or contact the site owner.
Try it now. Should be fixed!

fireheadman

Dabbler
You rock Spock!..... Thanks Josh.

EmilioSuarez

Cadet
Hello,

I am old to the linux/unix world, but new to FreeNAS. I was on nas4free for the past 5+ years and finally pulled the plug on building a replacement nas. Nas4free was great and stable, but didn't offer near the abilities I am seeing in FreeNAS, plus the fact that I was stuck on the old version which required a complete rebuild to get on the latest version.

I put most of the specs of my new build in my signature. My goal has been to consolidate a few servers around the house into a single system, which I have accomplished with FreeNAS. (plex/sabnzbd/transmission/sonarr/couchpotato/headphones/nextcloud/zoneminder) and maybe crashplan

I am in process of moving to FreeNAS for the very same reason! I wonder if you could point me toward the resources that you used to get everything going...I am having a terrible time of it right now. Sab is proper, CP isn't doing anything right, Sickbeard isn't post processing at all... a little help? Thanks!!

Chris

fireheadman

Dabbler
I am in process of moving to FreeNAS for the very same reason! I wonder if you could point me toward the resources that you used to get everything going...I am having a terrible time of it right now. Sab is proper, CP isn't doing anything right, Sickbeard isn't post processing at all... a little help? Thanks!!

Chris
Hey Chris,
It took me several threads from this forum and a few external, here is what I have to help you out. Be aware, these are out of date to a degree, so you will need to be able to read into them a little and between the lines.
https://www.jruehlig.com/wordpress/installation-configuration-of-freenas-plugins/ (the author of this is a member of this forum)
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/replacing-htpc-manager-with-a-different-fork.38942/
https://www.zufallsheld.de/2014/09/...freenas-couchpotato-sickbeard-and-headphones/

It took me a few attempts to get everything working, nice thing is..... if you mess it up, just nuke the jail and start over.

EmilioSuarez

Cadet
Hey Chris,
It took me several threads from this forum and a few external, here is what I have to help you out. Be aware, these are out of date to a degree, so you will need to be able to read into them a little and between the lines.
https://www.jruehlig.com/wordpress/installation-configuration-of-freenas-plugins/ (the author of this is a member of this forum)
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/replacing-htpc-manager-with-a-different-fork.38942/
https://www.zufallsheld.de/2014/09/...freenas-couchpotato-sickbeard-and-headphones/

It took me a few attempts to get everything working, nice thing is..... if you mess it up, just nuke the jail and start over.

Thanks man! I think my issue is just in the script with SB, but I may nuke it all and try again from scratch.

One last thought:

Sickrage? Sickbeard? Sonarr? I've tried SB and Sonarr... is there one of the three that's clearly better or more reliable than the others? Sonarr seemed to be better at handling failures, but it's been a year...and things change quick lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fireheadman

Dabbler
I would go with sonarr all the way ..... I like to user-interface on it compared to sick beard . Sick rage I haven't used but from what I've read it just handles the failures sick beard does not.

sonarr also lets you define sizes of your profiles. I'm not sure of sick rage does that and I know that sick beard does not.

EmilioSuarez

Cadet
I would go with sonarr all the way ..... I like to user-interface on it compared to sick beard . Sick rage I haven't used but from what I've read it just handles the failures sick beard does not.

sonarr also lets you define sizes of your profiles. I'm not sure of sick rage does that and I know that sick beard does not.

Thanks man! Haven't had time to tear back in to it all yet, but I appreciate the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.