RevoDrive 3 X2 and TrueNAS Drivers

Prophet4NO1

Dabbler
I recently pulled a RevoDrive 3 X2 I tested it on another machine, works fine. Pretty low usage actually. Tossed it into my nas to play with caching or maybe move my jails to it. All my SATA ports are used, so figured this would be a fun thing to try. The drive shows up during boot but not in FreeNAS. Did some googling and found some threads in various places talking about needing drivers, but nothing on how to get them. I am assuming I can pull and install it via CLI, but have not found anything explaining how or where to find it. Any thoughts?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
If it's already formatted with a filesystem, FreeNAS won't show it as an option for inclusion in a pool.

If you can see it under Storage | Disks, then wipe it, it should appear as an option for new pool creation.

If it's a case of needing drivers that aren't already in FreeNAS, you will need to do the research on FreeBSD drivers for it and further to that research if you want to get involved with the uphill battle that is running unsupported hardware and drivers in FreeNAS... good luck with it if you decide to, but I recommend against it.

Prophet4NO1

Dabbler
It's not showing up in disks screen. Hence the reason I am here. Guess I was not clear on that, sorry.

I may do some fiddling with it. In the end I can always find another use for it or sell it off.