Resource size increase please?

Stilez

Guru
I'm hitting the current forum maximum on a resource that's widely used, which I want to update, and I think I've got under 100-200 characters left until I hit the limit. I can't add a URL I'd like to link in. The resource is widely described as useful, precisely because it's very detailed.

As you'll see, the current limit of 75k hasn't encouraged people to abuse by writing pointlessly long resources, so it should be safe. But it would help a lot with the minority that legitimately need that kind of limit. Resources aren't likely to be spammy or contain pointless junk, so allowing a long resource is very low risk.

REQUEST: Could the max resource size please be allowed up to say 100k rather than 75k?

Thanks!

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I'm hitting the current forum maximum on a resource that's widely used, which I want to update, and I think I've got under 100-200 characters left until I hit the limit. I can't add a URL I'd like to link in. The resource is widely described as useful, precisely because it's very detailed.

As you'll see, the current limit of 75k hasn't encouraged people to abuse by writing pointlessly long resources, so it should be safe. But it would help a lot with the minority that legitimately need that kind of limit. Resources aren't likely to be spammy or contain pointless junk, so allowing a long resource is very low risk.

REQUEST: Could the max resource size please be allowed up to say 100k rather than 75k?

Thanks!

"The maximum number of characters that can be in a resource update or description. This includes BB code.
" now set to 100000.