Request: S.M.A.R.T error email example

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClackPony

Dabbler
In our test lab, Freenas is essential, wich is why we've configured SMART tests (Well, everyone should, but... anyway). Our email notifications do work too, so we're covered in case of an error. We'll be informed... or will we? I don't know how the notifications will be send, and with our 2 freenas security output and daily run output, we don't always watch all of them. I've search for a template, but I can't seem to find one. I just know that a message will be sent in case of an error. Will the SMART test errors be sent in a separate email? If so, can someone provide a example? We'll create some rules that will alert us more quickly in case of an error.

Also, just for advice, we run a daily smart short test on all of our disk and a weekly long test on all of them too. Is that too much or not enough?
Thank you!

ClackPony

Dabbler
dlavigne, that, I understand. I want to know what the alert will look like, so I can't create a rule to alert us faster than just an email. Now I do understand it will be sent in a different email, but I want to know what that email will be: its subjet, its structure, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.