Replication Task Failure

defcon999

Dabbler
I have just upgraded my two HP Gen8 Microservers from 11.3 to 12.0. All jails and also the PiHole-VM work perfectly. Fine! :smile:

But I have a big problem with some replication tasks:

hourly snapshot from the dataset zroot/xyz ----> zroot-backup/xyz (holding time: 24 hours) works fine.

If I configure another replication task

daily snapshot from the dataset zroot/xyz ----> zroot-backup/xyz (holding time 2 weeks)

The snapshot is created, but the transfer to the backup-system fails with the following error message:

Replication "daily - zroot/xyz - zroot-backup/xyz" failed: No incremental base on dataset 'zroot/xyz' and replication from scratch is not allowed .

Where is the problem??

EDIT:
/var/log/zettarepl.log:

[replication_task__task_5] [zettarepl.replication.run] For task 'task_5' non-recoverable replication error NoIncrementalBaseReplicationError("No incremental base on dataset 'home/xyz' and replication from scratch is not allowed")

defcon999

Last edited:

Heracles

Wizard
Hi,

I just did some migration myself and I had a similar problem.

Is this post of help to your case ?

I now moved Thanatos to TrueNAS and end up with new replication problems... Atlas, which is still FreeNAS 11.3 U5, complains that the replication target is Read-Only... Still fighting that one as of now...