Replication error 11.3

smwein

Cadet
Hi All,

I have 2 systems on 11.3 and I'm trying to replicate a ZVOL from one system to the other. I keep getting the following error.

Source 'ISCSI_Storage/Backup Storage' is a volume, but target 'Replication_Pool/VeeamBackupRep' already exists and is a filesystem.

Not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Thanks

klatoszy

Dabbler
I'm observing exactly the same problem.

Zvol replications created before upgrade to 11.3 work fine. But no matter how (simple or advanced wizard) I create zvol replication in 11.3 I get following errors:
[2020/02/17 14:19:54] INFO [Thread-4] [zettarepl.paramiko.replication_task__task_1] Connected (version 2.0, client OpenSSH_8.0-hpn14v15)
[2020/02/17 14:19:54] INFO [Thread-4] [zettarepl.paramiko.replication_task__task_1] Authentication (publickey) successful!
[2020/02/17 14:19:54] ERROR [replication_task__task_1] [zettarepl.replication.run] For task 'task_1' non-recoverable replication error ReplicationError("Source 'test1/zvol1' is a volume, but target 'test2' already exists and is a filesystem")
I followed official documentation and I don't see anything I might have done wrong.

Hello.

In order to fix this I had to:
1) Create a Periodic Snapshot task for MY WHOLE POOL, then make it recursive and exclude everything I wasn't interested in.
2) Repeat the same process for the Replication Task.

P.S. it's all because in this last update devs removed the option to leave the "/" at the end of your destination dataset. The "/" is deleted automatically, even if you leave it there (it used to fix this issue in the previous versions of FreeNAS).

Hope this helps for now and hopefully this will be fixed with a next release, because it's very annoying and time consuming to do all this.

hervon

Patron
Hello.

In order to fix this I had to:
1) Create a Periodic Snapshot task for MY WHOLE POOL, then make it recursive and exclude everything I wasn't interested in.
2) Repeat the same process for the Replication Task.

P.S. it's all because in this last update devs removed the option to leave the "/" at the end of your destination dataset. The "/" is deleted automatically, even if you leave it there (it used to fix this issue in the previous versions of FreeNAS).

Hope this helps for now and hopefully this will be fixed with a next release, because it's very annoying and time consuming to do all this.

File a ticket to get it fixed. Devs don't rely on forums for bug fix.

klatoszy

Dabbler
Hi. In fact I opened a ticket to address this isssue and that will be fixed.

NAS-105113

To make the story short - documentation part of replication will be updated/corrected in 11.3U2 so that it is not confusing any more.

Forssux

Explorer
I to have the error Source 'QData/QPraktijk' is a volume, but target 'QNonMedia-Backup' already exists and is a filesystem
I made a new ticket has it isn't resolved with reference to the existing older ticket.

Last edited: