SOLVED Replacing SSD that is mirrored and is part of two pools

dman1191

Cadet
So as the titles suggest, I have a server that has two 240 GB SSDs. They have a 32 GB partition for the boot-pool and the remaining ~170 that is for SSD-Storage Pool. Both pools are mirrored, which is great, but one of the drives has been flaky and I'm looking to replace it. The problem is I'm not sure how to offline both pools and then replace both pools with the new drive. Ideally keeping 32 gigs on boot pool and then expanding the ssd-storage as I'm going to replace both drives with 500gb SSDs. A normal disk I would just offline and then replace with a new disk but those are only part of single pool.

Anyone have experience with this?

Version TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02-RC.1-1
32 gigs ram
4TB by 6 raidz2 singe pool HDD-Storage

What I have
240GB by 2 mirrored 2 pools boot-pool (32GB) ssd-storage(~170GB)

What I'm trying to get too
500GB by 2 mirrored 2 pools boot-pool (32GB) and ssd-storage (~450)

NugentS

MVP
Well everything will have to be done in the GUI - which is how you will have set it up in the first place.
You do remember how you set it up in the first place - the sequence of commands

dman1191

Cadet
This was all done, during the initial install. It might just be easier to back up the config and then reinstall TrueNAS Scale on the new drives and then import config

dman1191

Cadet
I ended up just backing up this config, reinstalling TrueNAS Scale on the new SSD's and partitioned it during the install. Then uploaded the config and imported the hdd-storage pool. Process took like 30 mins, I will have to reinstall a few apps, but better then spending hours messing around with trying to replace and expand drives on the boot disk with a partition for fast storage