Replacing disks in mirrored pool

adrianwi

Guru
I have a small pool with 2 mirrored 500GB SSDs for my jails and databases. I wanted to put some VM zvols on there too, and given the price of SSDs thought I'd upgrade them to 1TB drives.

I've had a quick look at the new manual, but can't find anything that explains this like the old manual did. Am I just not looking hard enough?

Is it just a case of going into Storage > Pools and then clicking the settings cog. From their selected Status, and against one of the drives click the 3 dots and Replace. I can then replace the drive (how do I work out which is which?) and let it resilver and then repeat for the other drive. Once that has resilvered, I can run Expand Pool?

Thanks

Etorix

Wizard
That's it, except the vdev will expand its capacity automagically upon replacing the last drive.
Look up the serial numbers to know which is what. Or, if you have enough free ports, just replace both drives at the same time.

adrianwi

Guru
That's it, except the vdev will expand its capacity automagically upon replacing the last drive.
Look up the serial numbers to know which is what. Or, if you have enough free ports, just replace both drives at the same time.

Thanks! I hadn't thought about connecting the new drive while the other was connected, as I think I've only done this procedure on a failing drive. Didn't even need to power down to replace them, although I did once everything was done to rearrange the drives and cabling.