Replaced all drives but pool is not extending

Hey everybody.
So I've finished replacing all the drives in my pool, one by one, from 6TB drives to 12TB drives. My understanding was that once it finishes resilvering the last drive, I should have access to this extra capacity. However, nothing changed.
I also tried manually pressing "expand" and let that run, but that doesn't work either.
I've tried updating to latest version of scale (23.10.2), i've scrubbed the pool. Rebooted a couple of times, but there extra space does not seem to show up.

Anyone have any idea what i'm doing wrong, and how to approach fixing this?..

Attachments

• hddpool.png
    hddpool.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 27

chuck32

Guru
I haven't followed the thread in detail but there was an issue recently about pools not extending, it should have been fixed in 23.10.2 though.

I think I've seen someone post a workaround, check the thread:

I haven't followed the thread in detail but there was an issue recently about pools not extending, it should have been fixed in 23.10.2 though.

I think I've seen someone post a workaround, check the thread:

i've gone through the thread, but i don't really spot a useable workaround. Could you point me to what the fix is?...
what i got from the thread is that the bug still exists and is slated to be fixed in 24.0.x

chuck32

Guru
Just followed various Jira tickets and ended up here:

Just followed various Jira tickets and ended up here:

thanks for the reply. I've tried parted /dev/sda resizepart 1 100%
I've also tried parted /dev/sda resizepart 1 12TB
I just get a error with "Can't have overlapping positions"
If I try resizing to 6TB (the old size) It does not produce an error, anything above that, it does (even though the drive capacity is 12TB)

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 18
Ok, with some help on another thread i've been able to figure it out. Had to remove the swap partitions, then i was able to extend. Now it works. hooray!